Flat Roof Repair Seattle Spokane Redmond Bellevue Areas
Flat Roof Repair is one of the services we perform to keep your structure leak free. If you are in need of repair of your commercial roof, call us and we will take control of the situation before it worsens. We specialize in the remediation of flat roofing issues.
We offer professional flat roof repair and throughout Washington and Idaho. Some of the cities include Seattle, Spokane, Bellevue, Redmond and Coeur d'Alene. Let us help you protect your investment! We realize the importance of regular inspections of your commercial surface to prevent leaks and spot early signs of problems. Weather related damage can go undetected until water finally finds its way into the building below. This may be immediate but usually takes more than a year to occur. The insurance company generally allows only one year after a storm to allow a claim. After that it is the responsibility of the building owner.
A regular inspection performed annually or after a severe storm will identify potential leakage within the allowable time frame. This will also identify areas of ponding, wear from foot traffic and furniture, heat and UV deterioration and separations, cracks or sagging. In almost all instances, the surface can be repaired or an elastomeric coating can be applied. Rubberized coatings are laid directly over the existing surface material and seal it off to all moisture. Before coating a roof, we may call for a thermographic imaging of the entire surface to detect any moisture that in not visible from walking the area. These wet areas will have to be dried prior to coating – we can do it!
We perform flat roof repair in Spokane, Seattle, Bellevue & Redmond areas for the following types of materials:
- Metal: The most popular commercial material for will leak from deterioration and stress to fasteners and seams.
- Concrete: Easily cracked by moisture and made worse by the same freezing and thawing internally that causes potholes in the streets and broken sidewalks.
- Modified bitumen: Also referred to as torch down, this single-layer system is very popular today and is applied by heating the adhering side.
- Built up roofs: Laminated sections of fiber and bitumen used to build up layers. This is known as BUR.
- PVC or vinyl. Poly Vinyl Chloride has been widely used for twenty years and is extremely durable and long lasting, like metal.
- Tar and gravel: This popular choice is prone to ponding and leaking. We will generally place insulation foam and a modified bitumen layer or an elastomeric coating over it.
- Membrane: This includes TPO, PVC and EPDM systems.
To avoid the need for flat roof repair in Spokane, we highly recommend annual inspections and regular maintenance by our commercial team; but if an emergency does require immediate attention, we are on call to respond and take the necessary steps to keep your building dry. Our commercial and industrial crews are skilled in locating and fixing and areas that are leaking. Water entering a flat surface often travels a great distance before becoming evident in the building below. The stained ceiling tiles in an office at the administrative end of a building could actually be caused by water ponding and seeping above the warehouse 100 yards away. Our skilled inspectors will be able to determine this, even weeks after all the water has dissipated.
Do not wait until you have an an emergency and water is entering your building and you are risking damage to equipment and dangerous mold growth that is costly to eliminate.